CBC North Iqaluit 1230 AM

CFFB Iqaluit 1230 AM - CBC Radio One Nunavut 91.1 FMCBC North Iqaluit 1230 AM comes under the CBC Radio One division of Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC). The station started its broadcast on February 6, 1961 as CFFB Frobisher Bay. In 1966 the transmitter was powered with and ERP of 40 watts which was incremented to 250 watts in 1969 and the signal could be received at 1200 AM. Frequency was flipped from 1200 to 1210 kHz in 1971. By 1984 CFFB Frobisher Bay had an approx. 72% share of English and remaining 28% of Inuktitut content. The wattage was once again increased from 1,000 to 4,000 watts in January 1986. Frobisher Bay was renamed as Iqaluit on January 1, 1987 thus changing the branding to CFFB Iqaluit. By 1990 the channel had following relay broadcast transmitters: CBIL-FM Resolute Bay, CBII-FM Igloolik, CBIK-FM Pond Inlet, CBIH-FM Cape Dorset and CBIJ-FM Pangnirtung. Night-time Power of the CBC North was decreased from 4,000 to 1,000 watts in December 1992.

More Canadian and Nunavut Radio stations

Listen CBC North Iqaluit 1230 AM Iqaluit, NU Online

Listen CBC North 91.1 FM live from Nunavut. Wait as the player loads the stream.

More About 1230 AM Iqaluit

After the Nunavut got separated from Northwest Territories officially on April 1, 1999, and joined Canada as its northernmost and least populous territory, CBC North also joined the Nunavut. CFFB-1-FM and CFFB-2-FM airing on 101.9 FM are the other transmitters of CBC North approved by CRTC in the locations of Cambridge Bay and Kugluktuk. Most recent repeaters of the station include CFFB-3, CFFB-4, CFFB-5, CFFB-6, CFFB-7 and CFFB-8, added to the station mostly in 2012. The last renewal done by CRTC in May 2013 will give another five year period to CBC North to remain serving the North until August 31, 2018. Audiences can listen to the News, weather updates, sports programing, regional programs like Qulliq, Nipivut, Saturday AM, Weekend Mornings, Tausunni, Tuttavik, Tusaajaksat and CBC Radio One mainstream programs online. You can follow the station on Facebook and Twitter. Here is the website: CBC North Iqaluit 1230 AM

Contact

Address: Box 490

Iqaluit, Nunavut

XOA OHO

Tel: (867) 979-6100

Email: janice.stein@cbc.ca

 

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This